- 10-Mar-2017 to 09-May-2017 (PST)
- Monroe, WA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, & Long Term Life Insurance, and Accrued PTO
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
To perform the job of Maintenance Mechanic successfully; an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment during performance of duties.
- Operate forklift
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to management.
- Conserves maintenance recourses by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answer questions and request.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health Rules
QUALIFICATON AND REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required to perform the job of Maintenance Manager successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection control methods, techniques and documentation.
- Understanding of the manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Persistent and dependable, especially with attendance, deliverables and deadlines.
- Forklift certified
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment with flexibility to work extended hours.
Thorough understanding of Wet Noses SQF (Safe Quality Foods) and H.A.C.C.P (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points). This includes document control (batch sheets, data codes, logs, etc.), following Wet Noses Natural Dog Treat Company safety procedures; which include using personal protective gear while on production floor (apron &/or vest, hairnet, gloves) and ensuring that duties are covered during my absence.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED. Completion of a craft apprenticeship, 2 years of related experience in packing machines/production machines. Exposure to high-speed equipment. An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance a plus. Equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience can considered.
Must have the ability to speak, write and read English. Must have excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills with customers and internal teams.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, etc.
This position does not require travel.
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, feel objects and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasional lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasional (seasonal) exposed higher temperatures in the summer.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; but can vary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace