At Wet Noses Natural Dog Treat Company, the key responsibility of the Strategic Channel Manager is the development of new products sales through new and existing customers. New business may come from unique and diverse business types and programs. Sales activity will be focused on high level customer engagement to develop business. The Strategic Channel Manager will interact with R&D, Marketing, Customer Service, and Executives in the fulfillment of their responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform the job of Strategic Channel Manager successfully; an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the company to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue objectives.
- Establish, develop and grow new and existing business relationships with key decision makers within all levels of customer accounts.
- Focus on understanding our customer's' business drivers, initiative and challenge to develop how we can develop business solutions to create idea programs.
- Proactively identify new customer opportunities within existing customer base utilizing branded product and channel strategies.
- Develop new and existing customer private label product opportunities.
- Communicate our vision to educate new and existing customers to better communicate to the end users on all of our company's products and programs.
- Team with customers' field personnel and company resources for effective partnering where feasible and manage strategies to maximize breadth of our reach globally.
- Research, develop and facilitate new opportunities to further support sales revenue objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to all internal teams to better streamline business.
- Sales activity includes contact, introduction, preparation, research, strategy development and presentation of our products, services and capabilities.
- Direct sales presentations and new customers' development includes planning, presentation development, travel and actual presentation time and other customer activities. One example is attending key pet channel industry shows and natural expos to develop business.
- Lead planning for events (shows and expos) including booths, shipping, travel, lodging, et cetera.
- Plan travel and develop expense reports for customers' visits/events, shows and expos.
- Plan, develop and communicate tracking of customer's promotions and sales reporting.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements and qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required to perform the job of Strategic Channel Manager successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sell effectively both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented approach.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- High degree of personal integrity and professionalism with solid business acumen.
- Excellent presentations skills, professional demeanor on phone and in person.
- Excellent relationship building skills with ability to build meaningful business relationships with customers and internal partners.
- Very quick learner in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
- Persistent and dependable, especially with attendance, deliverables and deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and work effectively against hard deadlines.
- Proven track record exceeding revenue quota targets
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment, flexibility to work extended hours.
- Travel for Industry Shows, Customer Meeting and/or Training is required.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace