- 13-Feb-2017 to 14-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Monroe, WA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, & Long Term Life Insurance, and Accrued PTO
At Wet Noses Natural Dog Treat Company, the key responsibility for the Quality Assurance Technician is to plan and direct our quality control program to make sure continuous production of products are consistent with established standards. The responsibilities of the position may require activities with customers and internal company personnel outside of normal office hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
To perform the job of Quality Assurance technician successfully; an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned;
- Inspect and analyze all aspects of the production cycle to ensure conformance to our quality control requirements (GMP, HACCP, SQF, Allergen, and Standard Operating Procedure's).
- Document and maintain quality control standards and on-going control objectives.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Inspect and test product throughout production cycle to ensure high product integrity.
- Perform, physical and sensory tests on all raw and finished products using approved methods to generate accurate data.
- Perform internal audits and correct quality issues as they arise within the different working groups to uphold the "Gold Quality Standard".
- Share and discuss internal audit results with management, make appropriate recommendations and set timetables for improvement and corrections.
- Address non-conformities from previous internal and external audits.
- Ensure conformance to our various quality control requirements (GMP, HACCP, SQF, Allergen, and Standard Operating Procedure's) through constant vigilance and address non conformities with employees and management as they occur.
- Performs educational and or training duties as required or directed for compliance with GMP, HACCP, SQF, and Stand Operating Procedures.
- Conduct and maintain established calibration and testing programs
- Maintain logs in compliance with exiting GMP, HACCP, SQF Allergen, and Standard Operating Procedure's programs.
- Function as an information source for employees when critical quality issues or questions arise
- Proactively identify improvements within existing Wet Noses, Inc.'s processes and procedures.
Develop standard progress reports to identify efficiencies within all procedures.
- Demonstrate operational excellence in safety, quality, cost and organizational development.
- Responsible for the outgoing quality, safety and efficacy of all finished product, compliance with all applicable specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, USDA regulations, et cetera.
- Interface and engage with Inspectors upon scheduled and unscheduled visits/inspections.
- Standardizes best practices across all areas of responsibility and the overall company.
- Inspects raw and finished products for quality standards and compliance Monitors and assists production employees.
- Assist in the corrective and preventive action process by working with other departments to develop effective solutions to problems.
- Retain product when needed, tag product, complete QA Hold Forms and document
- Work with internal Wet Noses, Inc. leadership to maintain efficient and compliant operations.